Emcura Immediate Care
Urgent Care & Walk-In Primary Care located in Bloomfield, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Northville and Novi, MI
Urinary Tract Infection
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common bacterial infection that affects the urinary system, which includes the bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters. UTIs can occur in anyone, but they are more common in women than in men.
Common symptoms of UTI may include the following:
- Pain or burning during urination
- Frequent urge to urinate, even if little comes out
- Cloudy, bloody, or strong-smelling urine
- Pain or pressure in the lower abdomen or back
- Fatigue or feeling generally unwell
If you suspect that you have a UTI, it is important to seek medical attention to prevent complications. At Emcura Medical, we can diagnose and treat you accurately and quickly. We will evaluate you with the following:
- Conduct a physical exam and take a medical history
- Order urine testing, which may include urinalysis and/or an Affirm swab test
- Provide appropriate antibiotics if necessary
- We always education on preventing future UTIs, such as staying hydrated and wiping front to back after using the bathroom.
- Integrative options may be offered when appropriate!
At Emcura Medical, we recognize that there are multiple conditions that can cause UTI symptoms, such as sexually transmitted infections or vaginal infections. A urinalysis and Affirm™ swabbing can help rule out other potential causes and ensure an accurate diagnosis:
- Urinalysis: This test looks for the presence of bacteria and white blood cells in the urine, which can indicate a UTI. It is a simple and non-invasive test that can often provide an accurate diagnosis.
- Affirm swab test: This test is a more specific test that can help diagnose other causes of UTI symptoms. It can detect the DNA of certain bacteria and fungi, which can help rule out other causes of urinary symptoms, such as yeast infections or sexually transmitted infections.
Urinalysis strips and Reader
AFFIRM Swab Test
If you are experiencing symptoms of a UTI or have concerns about your urinary health, please don't hesitate to walk in, contact us or book an appointment online. Our team is always dedicated to providing high-quality care with a personalized approach to help you feel your best!