RAPID COVID 19 TESTING @ EMCURA IMMEDIATE CARE
We are proud to serve our communities during this national emergency. We have been performing curbside COVID 19 testing since the beginning of the COVID 19 crisis and are dedicated to providing the safest testing experience for all!
To date, we have performed over 50,000 COVID nasal swabs!
Safer Testing Outside
We exceed testing guidelines and test outside to avoid aerosols from testing. Our providers always use protective equipment including gowns, face masks, gloves and N95 masks to provide safe care for all. Follow the steps below:
1.Download the following forms
Complete these forms for each person receiving Send-out and Rapid testing. Do not complete the ’Rapid Testing Form’ if you do not want a RAPID test. Click here to download
[COVID Intake Form]
2. Bring your paperwork
2. Bring your paperwork, health insurance card, and driver’s license with you. To help speed your visit, make two copies of the front and back of your insurance card and driver license (one set for each patient.)
3. Arrive at your convenience!
We are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily except holidays at our Bloomfield and Northville locations. On arrival, we will provide a lab requisition form for each person receiving a test.
4. Wait in line
Wait in line and pull forward into our designated spots when one opens. We will collect your completed registration materials and insurance information. You will be swabbed using the more accurate nasopharangeal technique. Once completed, you can either wait in the designated area for Rapid testing results, or you can depart and we can call you later.
For RAPID results, we will call, text or email you regarding your rapid results, depending on how we are able to contact. Our providers call positive results and provide counselling. For SEND OUT results, you will receive your results directly via email from our partner labs (Northwest Labs - 2-3 days but can vary). The passcode is the patient’s birth year 4 digit. We only call those over the age of 65 and minors along with family members
Our RAPID TESTING detects the presence of the SARS -CoV-2 antigens (pieces of virus) or RNA. SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that causes COVID 19. These samples are analyzed on-site and results may be returned in as little as 20 minutes depending on our volume, and if you are willing to wait (average 1-2 hours). This test uses a nasopharyngeal swab (inserted into the back of the nasal passage where it meets the throat) to collect material. This material is analyzed to detect any physical pieces of coronavirus. A positive result indicated that viral structure material is present. A negative result indicates that the COVID 19 virus was not detected. It is possible to have a very low level of virus in the body with a negative result.
- We currently use the Sophia 2 and BD Veritor systems for COVID 19 testing and will soon have a rapid PCR option with the Abbott ID NOW system.
- The Sophia 2 SARS-CoV-2 testing is 97.9% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- The BD Veritor SARS – CoV-2 testing is 84% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- The Abbott ID NOW SARS – CoV-2 testing is approx. 94% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- We try our best to get your results to you. Please make sure you are available to receive our call. If you do not answer, we will try to text a simple ‘negative’ or ‘positive’ statement. Our last step is your email your information to you! Please respond immediately to our query to confirm it is you, and
We continue to look for additional testing options to improve accuracy, reduce cost, and increase comfort!
How much is Rapid Testing?
Rapid testing is covered by some insurance, but not all. This list changes daily. Please provide your insurance card at the time of service, including your secondary card. We can immediately inform you if it is a covered service. Insurances where Rapid testing is a covered benefit currently include BCBS (in state residential address only), BCN (in state residential address only), Medicare, Cigna, Aetna, and more!
For those insurances where Rapid testing is not a covered benefit, the charge is $60.00 per test.