SAME DAY COVID 19 RAPID TESTING
@ EMCURA IMMEDIATE CARE
Emcura Medical is committed to providing the safest testing experience for everyone. We have been performing safe, curbside COVID 19 testing since the beginning of the pandemic and test within a fully winterized tent at our Bloomfield and West Bloomfield locations to help maintain a safe testing environment for all.
To date, we have performed over 100,000 COVID nasal swabs!
Safer Testing Outside
We exceed testing guidelines and always test you while you remain in your car. We do this to avoid infectious aerosols from contaminating others! Our sick visits are at the curbside for the same reason. Our providers use protective equipment including gowns, face masks, gloves, and N95 masks to provide safe care for all.
We are now offering online registration and triage via our app below. Please follow the steps below.
No smartphone or not tech savvy? Click here for [COVID paper instructions] of using the Emcura Online care Desktop app (link)!
Using the app
1. Take a Picture!
Download our app ‘Onlinecare Emcura UC’ using the correct QR code for your phone! Apple/iphone for iOS and the Google Play symbol for all others! Or search in the app store.
2. Create a Login!
Create a login or use your existing Facebook or Google account.
3. Enter your information
Select “New COVID Test” for COVID testing for yourself or add a family member, OR ‘Click to Connect’ for any other issues for yourself or a family member. Enter all health information including your preferred pharmacy. You must include your social security number. Where indicated, take clear, direct pictures of the front and back of your insurance card and driver’s license. Complete all forms and the CARES act questions. Submit everything!
4. Wait in line
Wait in line and pull forward into our designated spots when one opens. We will collect your completed registration materials and insurance information. You will be swabbed using the more accurate nasopharyngeal technique. Once completed, you can either wait in the designated area for Rapid testing results, or you can depart and we can call you later.
5. Results! Via the app, phone call, or email!
Once completed, keep the app open. All same day results, including rapid strep, rapid or DNA flu, rapid covid, and more, will be reported to you directly via the app. A send out -PCR test will come to you via your personal email. Your 4-digit birth year is your pin (eg 2001). Positive results will be called to you via a telemedicine visi, text within the app or by phone.
Primary Care, Urgent Care and Walk-In care is always available through our app (‘Click to Connect”). We uniquely offer telemedicine with an included same day walk-in appointment if needed! Also, you can start your visit online, and drive up for testing later! Our comprehensive care is available 365 days a year.
Paper (walk-up or no smartphone):
1.Download the following forms
Complete these forms for each person receiving Send-out and Same day testing. Do not complete the ’Same Day Testing Form’ if you do not want a SAME DAY test. Click here to download
[COVID Intake Form]
2. Bring your paperwork
Bring your paperwork, health insurance card and driver’s license with you. To help speed your visit, make two copies of the front and back of your insurance card and driver license (one set for each patient.)
3. Arrive at your convenience!
We are open 8 am to 5 pm M-F and 9 am to 5 pm Sat/Sun depending on weather, holiday, parking lot traffic, and capacity at both our Northville and Bloomfield locations.
4. Wait in line
Wait in line and pull forward into our designated spots when one opens. We will collect your completed registration materials and insurance information. You will be swabbed using the more accurate nasopharangeal technique. Once completed, you can either wait in the designated area for Same day testing results, or you can depart and we can call you later.
For same day results, we will call, text, or email you regarding your same day results, depending on how we are able to contact. Our providers call positive results and provide counseling. For SEND OUT results, you will receive your results directly via email from our partner labs (Northwest Labs - 2-3 days but can vary). The passcode is the patient’s birth year 4 digit. We only call those over the age of 65 and minors along with family members
Our SAME DAY TESTING detects the presence of the SARS -CoV-2 antigens (pieces of virus) or RNA. SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that causes COVID 19. These samples are analyzed on-site and results are returned the same day, usually within hours. This test uses a nasopharyngeal swab (inserted into the back of the nasal passage where it meets the throat) to collect material. This material is analyzed to detect any physical pieces of coronavirus. A positive result indicated that viral structure material is present. A negative result indicates that the COVID 19 virus was not detected. It is possible to have a very low level of virus in the body with a negative result.
- We currently use the Sophia 2 and BD Veritor systems for COVID 19 testing and will soon have a same day PCR option with the Abbott ID NOW system.
- The Sophia 2 SARS-CoV-2 testing is 97.9% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- The BD Veritor SARS – CoV-2 testing is 84% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- The Abbott ID NOW SARS – CoV-2 testing is approx. 94% accurate with symptomatic patients.
- We try our best to get your results to you. Please make sure you are available to receive our call. If you do not answer, we will try to text a simple ‘negative’ or ‘positive’ statement. Our last step is your email your information to you! Please respond immediately to our query to confirm it is you, and
We continue to look for additional testing options to improve accuracy, reduce cost, and increase comfort!
How much is Same Day Testing?
Same day testing is covered by some insurance, but not all. This list changes daily. Please provide your insurance card at the time of service, including your secondary card. You must provide a social security number. Insurances, where Same Day testing is a covered benefit currently, include BCBS (in state residential address only), BCN (in state residential address only), Medicare, Cigna, Aetna, and more!
For those insurances where Same day testing is not a covered benefit, the charge is $60.00 per test.
- Please be aware that testing in asymptomatic individuals is less accurate than in symptomatic patients. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate results, so we always recommend a SEND OUT test along with a RAPID test.
- Please verify coverage with your insurance as most will not pay for ‘return to work’, ‘return to school’, ‘travel’, or ‘no exposure/no symptom’ presentations.
- Rapid Testing is currently covered by most insurances (BCBS- in state residents only, BCN, Cigna, Aetna, Medicare, and Medicaid). All patients must provide a Social Security number.
- If your insurance is not listed, it is not a covered benefit, and the charge is currently $60.00.
- Our testing is billed as an office visit and testing is ordered by the provider.
- Please be patient during this national crisis. We are here to help!
** NOTE: We have a zero-tolerance policy with aggression and ask everyone to remain positive during these difficult times. We are always here to help.
If you can’t be nice, you will be asked to leave **